Imagine the first 6 months of your job. No matter if that is your first job or 10th job, the anxiety, and nervousness remain the same during the probation period. Everyone wants to stay cool and calm during the initial period of the job and wants to get the eyeballs of the management. While it is very challenging to get the attention of the top management on you being the newcomer in the company, it is not so difficult too! To become backbone of the company must be an agenda of a newly joined employee in the company not only to survive but to sustain and grow professionally!
How to become an important part of the company in the very first year of your job? Is that anything one needs to do special? Is it more challenging for the female employee than the male to get the confidence of the top management? The fact is, irrespective of the gender biases if a person makes everyone his/her presence felt in the company, the people of the company start involving that person as a core team member.
Being a female if you are feeling nervous, insecure, anxious and skeptical about your job during the first year, there is nothing new and you are just like other female professionals who also feel the same. But then, you have to come out as a winner by winning the heart of the team members and management of the organization. To that, here are some important tips:
1. Focus on your strength instead of involving everywhere: One mistake most of the newcomers do is poking their nose into many things during their early days. You must be knowing your strengths and must focus on utilizing it. Nurturing your strength will help you in coming out with better outputs.
2. Try to maintain a good and healthy relationship at the workplace: Make sure you are not becoming the part of the groupism or politics in the office. Keeping yourself away from all these things will help you build a good bonding with everyone in the office.
3. Keep the tendency of learning from your senior: Working under the senior will give you the opportunity to learn new things. Try to understand the nature of your senior and cope up with his/her ups and down. The more you will understand his/her working style, the easier you can give the desired result.
4. Spread the aura or positivity at the workplace: No one likes to work with negative people. Your positivity will attract even your haters. Your charming personality will definitely win many hearts.
5. Show hunger to learn and grow: There is no end to learn. Develop the nature to learn new things and implement in your routine work. Every leader looks after the people who are willingly ready to take new challenges. If you are learning new things, you can accept the challenges.
6. Use Social Media very smartly: Social Media is a great tool for career and to engage people. You must be using it for personal reason but make sure you are not using it heavily during your working hours. To make a better utilization of it, use your social media platform to promote the content of your company. Engaging in promoting the content will always fetch the eyeballs of your management.
7. Show your subtle character: You have to make certain changes in yourself to adjust in the different situation. Starting from the first day of the job until the 365th day, you can not remain the same. Your character must adjust the situation and you have to adjust to the difficult people too!
There will be many other challenges for girls in the new company but with your self-commitment, courage, and concern for career development, you have to come out as an ultimate winner. Go, girls!