Let’s beat the heat with healthifying yourself this summertime! Call it detox or cleansing or weight management, summer can prove to be the best time of year to detox/cleanse your body. Whilst the temperature be high we naturally tend to eat light, which ultimately dealt to make the body cleansing process easy. Cleansing of the body needs to be done for better health, fight obesity and illness. Removing toxins/cleansing the body can be done through perspiration & urination.
Here are some of the best and most effective ways that unlock the power of food and drinks to detox or manage weight during summertime.
1. Water Hydration: Hydrating your body is best done with water. Summer means a great necessity for water and to keep it maximum hydrated drinking water is essential.
As people say ‘you must drink as much water as possible’, you must consider this fact and you should at least drink 3-4 litres water a day.
2. Healthy Food: Watermelon, cucumber, lemon, spinach, and mint are some of the selected food items and that are most advised and recommended for summer. Rich in nutrients and low in calories and are also easily available in the market.
3. Detox drinks or Infused Water: The combination of different fruits and spices can make some healthy and delicious drinks to enjoy the whole day. The flavorous water is easy to drink for those who cannot drink normal water. Combining lemon, ginger, mint & cucumber in a jar and keep it aside for 6 hours and then drink it. You can try fruits like sliced apple flavoured with a cinnamon stick.
4. Mouthwatering Juices: Juices of beetroot, carrot, cucumber, green juice (made out of mint, coriander, spinach) are enriched with fibre and full of nutrients. [Believe it or not but the green juice actually tastes like pani-puri wala pani :)]
5. Positivity & Excercise: Exercise, peaceful mind and positivity can always be cheery on your cake. Food and drinks can help release toxins out of the body through urination, exercise can help release toxins through perspiration and healthy means you also need to keep your body involved in some physical activity.
Try these tips this summer and also let us know how some of your mantra for detoxification. We would love to listen to your experiences if you can share with us in the comment below!