Navratri is synonyms to Gujju sunburn, Gujju Tomorrowland, Gujju Tinder and what not! Along with new garba trends every year (like Salsa garba this year), this festival has shown a tremendous increase in crimes as well every year. Not to go on statistical data of the reported crimes there are innumerable which are not even reported. Eve teasing, molestation, stalking etc are some of the crimes which are ignorant in festivals like Navratri. It won’t matter to others but it leaves an impression which is deep as the sea on us, especially girls, which leads to falling in our confidence and lack of trust issues further and much more. In spite of being alert every second we fall into some awkward situations which can panic us and give confidence to the individual or gang to fulfill their cheap desires. Navratri is the festival of devotion and music but the same has become the festival wherein these 9 days every girl face some or other issue which makes her feel insecure.
What should be done when unknowingly you fall into such situations and feel helpless and your brave instincts turn into fear and panic? Against all odds when you get stuck with creeps, let the goddess in you take the charge and fight back. Here are 10 ways you can protect yourself in Navratri,
1. Be alert about your surroundings. Be aware of the route of entry and exits of the venue. Know where the restrooms are and go there with a company. If you feel uncomfortable at any point contact your other friends to accompany you too.
2. Be aware of the route from your parked car to the entry gate or wherever you got detached from your circle so that you can reach there easily.
3. Whenever you feel you need help to tackle a group or individual do not hesitate to scream and ask for help. Try to stay in well-lit areas where there are number of people around so that you can get easy help. Listening to your reactions they might get frightened and walk away.
4. Eyes and body language speak a lot. Even your single angry stare at the harasser can convey your power to him and drop his intentions to harm you. Though some wretches do not understand the language of eyes and thus you need to know how to harm them when they attack you.
5. Choose the group who are hanging around with wisely. Trust your intuition to judge a person so that nobody can take advantage of you under the mask of a good friend. Know every individual in the group and maintain space if you are not introduced to someone or have negative intuitions.
6. In a situation when you have to attack in order to save yourself use your sandals as a weapon to harm them on the head so that there reflex action takes their hands on the head and you get a chance to escape.
7. Nails were used to protect oneself in ancient times. Let us continue the tradition and let pampering done to them come to some safety use as well. You can use your nails to harm his face or hands and set yourself free if you are grabbed.
8. Use your elbows and knees to hit hard on sensitive parts like neck, teeth, and penis etc. so that they could know your power and not mess with you.
9. Take the crowded route to reach the garba venue. Do not go alone from the route where traffic is almost zero.
10. If you are wearing a backless choli for the night and going on your two-wheeler to reach the venue, make sure to cover your back with a “dupatta” during driving so that no one can get the intention of following you to harass.
These kind of people are all around. They come with wrong intentions and smart ways to grab you. So be sober this Navratri to stay safe. Because a lot can happen when you are not alert. Pledge to fight against this perverts and not come back with your heart sulking in regrets. It is a festival to enjoy the unique music beats which give sudden energy and perform your favorite garba steps till you satisfy your heart and make enough good memories to wait until next year. Deacon Jones Womens Jersey