Although we are living in the 21st century, mentally of some portion of the community is still traditional. Even today many women professionals are facing challenges at their workplace in this male dominance world.
Five Steps to acquire Equality
1. Value Yourself: Unless and until you don’t value yourself, nobody will value your existence. If you want to work on a particular project speak up and show your confidence to handle that project. No one will appreciate your contributions until you appreciate them yourself.
2. Let your voice be heard: Many times it is seen that women speak less than men in the meeting and when they speak, they allow themselves to be irrupted repeatedly by their male colleagues. Sometimes females apologise to their opinions without any reason. If you don’t present your point with confidence, how people will believe you? Recognise the value of your opinion and believe that what you have to share is worth listening to.
3. Don’t be a Pleaser: Many times women take on the role of pleaser to attempt to be noticed. Serving coffee to someone is not your job; let it be done by the one who is in that appropriate role. Remember by doing such work you are lowering your own dignity. People will start taking you for granted.
4. Enhance your strength: Play to your strengths. If you can identify what’s unique in you try to apply in your profession. If you find that you have to upgrade yourself, start it immediately by taking the class, reading books, surfing, etc.
5. Networking: Networking is the most powerful marketing tactic to accelerate and sustain success for any organization. Try to connect with the people of your industry through social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. It is the most powerful tool if you do it the right way and with the right people in your industry.
So GIRLS what are you waiting for? Make your own way that leads you to Success! Teemu Selanne Authentic Jersey