When did you last enjoy your outing with your friends or family when you were in periods? Menstruation is the most unfavorable days for any girl as it always gives many discomforts such as mood swing, weakness, Irritation as well as pain from normal to severe. Though still we Indian consider period as taboo and so many superstitions we still follow. A girl must come out of shyness and must learn to live her life freely. If you have no money to buy sanitary napkins (or pads) then also you must save money to buy excellent quality pads every month to keep your self-hygienic and safe. Even after using the pads one can not guaranty the happiness in the life of the girl. Here are 5 tips to make your day happy when you are in periods.
5 tips for making your heavy days-happy days!
1. Change the pads often: One should change their sanitary pads in every 4 to 5 hours to avoid infection and itching. In the case of unavailable of bathroom or safe place to change your pad, try to find the nearest place of your relative or friend where you can go to change the pad. Never change your pad in public washroom as it can spread infection.
2. Have pads handy: During traveling or in the office or in colleges or in schools have your pads handy so that you can change it quickly if an emergency of heavy bleeding occurs.
3. Destroy Used sanitary products properly: Never throw your pads in the Open or public places as it spreads heavy bacteria. Use incinerator machines to dispose of it as it will destroy the pads with short circuit and convert them into Ashes. Do this also to keep others free from any bacterial infection. This will make you happy too!
4. Wear dark clothes: Heavy bleeding may sometimes be creating a spot on your clothes which may create an embarrassing situation for any girl may be in office, or school or anywhere. Thus, to avoid such embarrassment put on dark clothes.
5. Get rid of body odor with Neem leaves bath: In a bucket full of warm water, soak Neem leaves for at least 30 minutes and then take the bath with the same. A bath during the period is refreshing and adding the Neem leaves to it will help you to get rid of the odor. Use good fragrance deodorant and use it frequently to keep yourself fresh entire day.
While the entire nation is waving hands to the movie Padman releasing soon in cinemas, my team believes that wearing the pad during periods is the right of every girl and no one should feel shame in using it or even discussing without it. Go and buy pads for you and ask the shopkeeper not to wrap it in a newspaper or not to give in the black plastic bag. You are a girl and you are using pad; there is nothing to feel shame. Enjoy the feminism! Vladimir Ducasse Jersey